Fast and Furiously into the Future

Fast and Furiously into the Future

Tonight I’m coming to you from the bath, you might think this is a very strange place to be writing a blog post but I’m beginning to learn that when the inspiration strikes I need to pick up and run with it.

It was earlier today when I was on the phone to my mum that the first spark hit me for this post, we were talking about my life and how happy I am with everything, my work, my partner and my social group and she talked about how happy it made her to know I had such a great life and honestly that got me thinking;

I am forever looking for self help books and career development opportunities to push my forward for that ”perfect life” but really sat in the bath, with the dog playing beside me after a genuine days work, writing a thought piece is actually pretty perfect to me.

Now I’m not saying I’m about to ditch the self-help and bury the career development because let’s be honest that’s pretty much what got me where I am today, but maybe more of what I should be doing is living in the now?

Time flies and everyone who’s even a year or so older than you tells you how important it is to enjoy the here and now but do we ever stop to take it in?

After I graduated I couldn’t wait to get stuck into full-time work and developing my career, so much so I didn’t even take a second to consider the massive achievement I’d just completed, hell, let’s rewind to getting into university, I couldn’t wait to get out which meant I *may* have not made the most of  the university experience that was on offer.

And in the now, we’re getting married and prior to our engagement I couldn’t wait, but now, with all the planning and the organising, I’m responsible for I just can’t wait for it to be over and to relax. I guess what I’m trying to get across to you in this post is that we rush through life, trying to accomplish the things we think we want and we never really slow it down and enjoy the journey and we really should.

• If you’re in university, join that society that you said you’d join at the beginning of the year.
  • If you’re in full-time work, find a hobby or a class.
  • If you’re unemployed, try learning a new skill
  • If you’re none of the above, pick one thing you want to accomplish, write out all the steps and snap a picture of each step you take to help remind you to slow down.

Are you racing too fast into the future?

1. September 8, 2018 / 5:19 pm

Love love love this post! When I was in college, I can’t wait to finish and get a full-time job too. Heck, I didn’t even had the gap time to rest and enjoy my diploma by lounging around. Two months before graduation, I got a job and now that i’m in it, I couldn’t wait to get promoted and the list goes on. I’m trying really hard to enjoy the moment that we have now. To step back and relax and enjoy the journey. Thank you for this post which then again served as a reminder for me to appreciate the long journey.

Author
      September 9, 2018 / 10:05 pm

Hey,

Don’t give yourself such a hard time, we all do it! I think we just need little reminders to slow down and enjoy the little things and be more in the moment. I hope this post helped and I hope you’ve taken some time to slow down, chill out and enjoy the present.

• September 10, 2018 / 3:54 am

This post definitely helped! I agree, we all need to slow down sometimes. Thanks for sharing!

2. Batmom85
    September 9, 2018 / 3:22 pm

Great post congrats on your engagement and you’re right we have to remember to enjoy the accomplishment we have and live in the moment. I love you’re blog very good read. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

Author
      September 9, 2018 / 10:10 pm

Hey hun,

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it. Thank you, I’m over the moon! I hope you take some time this week to live in the moment and enjoy your surroundings. Come back soon for more updates!

3. September 9, 2018 / 7:58 pm

This is such a great post and much needed for me. I tend to want to ‘speed through life’, always panicking I’m not achieving what I ‘should’ be at my age but who actually cares where you’re ‘supposed’ to up to. Time to enjoy where things are at the present I think – what I have already got!

Liv xx

Author
      September 9, 2018 / 10:19 pm

Hey Liv,

Thanks for stopping by, I definitely think we all need to be more aware of the speed in which we are trying to whizz through life. There’s nothing wrong with setting goals, just make sure you enjoy the journey, slow down. I hope you’ll take a couple of hours this week to live in the moment.

4. September 9, 2018 / 10:43 pm

Love your intro and writing style – and great post too!

Author
      September 14, 2018 / 7:51 pm

Hi Yaya,

Thanks for stopping by, glad you enjoyed my post. Pop back to visit again soon.