Winter Skincare Saviours

Winter Skincare Saviours

Winter is upon us and that means a battle between the weather and my skin and I know which one is winning this year. I present to you my Winter Skincare Saviours, the products that are keeping my skin in tip-top condition and helping me battle against the bad weather and they are all from just two different stores, Lush Cosmetics and The Body Shop.

Firstly from The Body Shop, we have the two products I use to take off my eye makeup and cleanse my face of makeup.

Chamomille Gentle Eye Make Up Remover. £7.50
It does what it says on the bottle, removes my eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara, gentle on my eyes but harsh on the makeup. I’ve been using this for around four months and it’s been a godsend. I use two large cotton wool pads, splash a few drops onto them and place them on my eyes for about sixty seconds and then I use gentle downward motions to remove the mascara.

Chamomille Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. £10
I’ve been using this for around two years and I’d never use anything else, I gently use my hands to apply a small amount to my face, I rub it in and then I’ll usually jump in the shower and apply shower gel, shave my legs and lastly I would use a cloth to wash it off gently. It removes every single bit of makeup and leaves skin feeling soft and clean.

It is also worth mentioning The Body Shop do a deal of both of the above products for £15 which also includes a muslin cloth to remove the cleansing butter.

From Lush Cosmetics we have the Honey Trap lip balm, probably the newest addition to my collection but definitely worth being on this list. It’s a tiny tin of lip softening greatness to keep your lips from getting chapped in winter. It has Shea Butter, Almond Oil and Honey to keep lips luscious through the whole winter, it’s expensive at £6.95 per tub but seems to last for a really long time and it’s self-preserving!

Lush Bath Melts & Jelly Bath Bombs.
Lush have a range of bath bombs and bath melts and I’ve just chosen two to recommend to you on this occasion.

The Secret Arts Jelly Bomb.£4.95
Jelly bombs are a new addition to the Lush store and offer a completely new bathing experience, it thickens the texture of the bath and has beautiful Brazillian oils in it to boost your mood whilst you bathe. Something we definitely need in the season of dark days and freezing weather.

Snow Angel Bath Melt. £4.50
Bath melts are great for treating your winter skin damage, it includes Coco Butter to help soften your skin and carries a marzipan scent which is quite sweet. I chose this one in particular because I love the glitter it adds to my bath.

Rosy Cheeks Facemask. £7.50
I chose Rosy Cheeks specifically to target the red blemishes I seem to attract in Winter. It’s a smooth face mask with no exfoliation, it’s gently calming on sensitive skin too which works well for my face. It’s also got my favourite rose scent and I usually pop it on on my day off or if I intend on having a long bath.

Shimmy, Shimmy Shimmer Bar. £5.95
Christmas is coming and my skin is feeling kind of dull so I use the Shimmer bar to put a bit of life back into my skin. If all the glitter wasn’t enough, then let me tell you it also has cocoa butter and shea butter to leave your skin moist and hydrated!

What’s your favourite Winter skincare product?

You can find all my blogmas posts here.

1. December 10, 2017 / 5:12 pm

I adore both of these shops. For winter, I always get the moisturising bath bombs from Lush as they make my skin really soft.

I haven’t heard of that makeup remover but I’m always looking for some that is soft on your skin. I find that otherwise I get really dry skin around my eyes. Loads of great products in here!

Author
      December 10, 2017 / 6:11 pm

Hi Sarah,

I completely agree, have you tried the Lush jelly bombs? They are so moisturizing. The Chamomille Body Shop range is great on your face, try it out.

• December 10, 2017 / 6:44 pm

No never seen their jelly bombs, I’ll have to check them out

2. December 10, 2017 / 5:16 pm

I love rosy cheeks! Every time I think I’m trying another one I got back to this one and don’t give other masks a chance!

Author
      December 10, 2017 / 6:09 pm

Hey Leenay,

Rosy Cheeks and Cupcake are my favourites! I alternate between the two. You should definitely try Cupcake.

3. December 10, 2017 / 5:42 pm

I’ve been meaning to try that eye makeup remover for the longest time now but I only really use The Body Shop body products rather than facial ones so I forget every time I’m there. My eyes are incredibly sensitive so it’s good to know you find it gentle x

Sophie

Author
      December 10, 2017 / 6:04 pm

Hey Sophie,

The Body Shop face products are fantastic, you should totally give the Chamomille range a try, you will not regret it.

4. December 10, 2017 / 6:51 pm

The chamomile cleansing butter is seriously the best! I use the oil to take off my makeup and it’s does a good job without stripping the skin. Also, this year I haven’t picked up any bits from Lush. Can’t wait to load up on their seasonal bath bombs.

Lavanya

5. December 10, 2017 / 8:26 pm

I really want to give the Lush Honey Trap lip balm a go, my lips are fine in the summer but seem to get chapped as soon as the cold weather starts! I’ve tried other lip balms, not found one that works for me yet.

The TEO Girl

Author
      December 11, 2017 / 6:16 pm

Hey hun, it’s more expensive than your average lip balm but lasts so much longer! Let me know if you decide to try it.

6. Meera BP
    December 12, 2017 / 11:19 am

These sound amazing! I love everything from Lush, at the moment I’m especially loving the winter bath bomb range! Thanks for the suggestions x

LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

Author
      December 12, 2017 / 1:58 pm

Hey Meera,

Thanks for stopping by! I agree the lush Winter bath bomb range is awesome, you should try the bubble bars too, I used Sunnyside up last night, soooo sparkly.

Author
      December 14, 2017 / 8:32 pm

Hey Sarah,

I definitely recommend you look at Cupcake too, that’s a glorious facemask for your skin also. Perhaps you could pop it on your wishlist for Christmas.

7. December 14, 2017 / 11:57 pm

The Chamomile Cleansing Butter is my holy grail product, I adore it and use it twice a day. My skin loves it.

Author
      December 15, 2017 / 3:09 pm

Hey Laura,
      I’m glad you agree, it’s an absolute godsend! My skin loves it too.

Author