Fear Fest-Evil 2017

Fear Fest-Evil 2017

I am so enthralled writing this post, we’ve returned from pretty much the best Halloween celebration I’ve ever experienced and it was a week early! This weekend myself, my partner and two of our friends took a trip to Chepstow where we stayed at St Pierre Marriott Hotel and experienced Fear Fest-Evil 2017 at The National Diving Centre. Verdict: It was amazing!

We went on a Sunday which was a good shout on our part as it was quiet…scarily quiet. We’d booked for 7pm but were told to arrive an hour before, we spent the extra hour exploring, working out where we had to go, chatting to staff and grabbing a coffee.

Our timetable was:

7pm; Death Slide

7:30; Psychic Medium

8pm; Carnevil of the Bizarre

8:30; Trilogy of Horror: Platform 13, House of Horrors, Tales of the Dark.

(Cocktail & BBQ Meal between 7-8:30)

Our first challenge was the Death Slide, a 700m zip line in the dark over an 80m deep quarry. We made our way up the hill to the beginning of the end! We were almost first there, filled in our forms and got kitted up, we went down two at a time and I was surprisingly not as nervous as I thought I’d be standing on the edge while staff clipped me onto the line. It was a quick process, no time for thinking and then 1, 2, 3 we were off and it was amazing. The bridge was lit up, the water was sparkling and I wasn’t even scared.

Once we all gathered on the other side of the zip line we headed back up and took a seat in the Psychic medium tent with a drink and waited for our psychic medium show to start. This was the only slightly disappointing part of our evening, I’ve been to medium shows previously and this was the worst.

After we escaped the Psychic Mediums it was time for the Carnevil live show with members of the Circus of Horrors. Count Dracula was wonderful greeting everyone entering the tent and riling up the audience, once everyone was seated the show began, I don’t want to delve too much into it because you need to see it to believe it but there was sword swallowing, fire eating and contortion.

We thoroughly enjoyed the show, however, I will warn you there is nudity, not something you want to watch with your parents.

After the show, it was time for the Trilogy of Horrors walkthrough, this was the highlight of the night! We headed up to platform 13 where we were greeted by staff. We made our way through each scare zone one by one, I don’t want to give too much away but there was running, crawling, screaming and an almost panic attach by more than one member of our party, it was truly riveting and although during the experience we said we wanted out by the end of the three scare zones we took some time to regroup and grab our bbq meal and cocktail and discuss the night.

Conclusion? We’re going back again at the same time next year!

How will you be celebrating Halloween?

Like it? PIN IT

Fear Fest-Evil Experience

1. October 24, 2017 / 4:16 pm

OMG! This sounds amazing! I’ve always wanted to do a Halloween night like this

Author
      October 24, 2017 / 4:17 pm

It really was amazing and I’d definitely recommend it as an alternative Halloween celebration.

• October 29, 2017 / 7:57 pm

There are a couple of days of FearFest-Evil left until Halloween night Neesha. After that the night creatures will crawl back to their underworld lairs until 2018.

Hope to scare you soon!

2. October 28, 2017 / 8:07 pm

I’ve never done a Halloween experience like this before but it sounds bloody awesome, especially the death slide!! I’m not doing anything tonight (when most people celebrate it) but me and my boyfriend are going to go and see “Happy Death Day” on actual Halloween and will probably bake some sort of spooky skull cake 🙂
    Alice Xx

Author
      October 29, 2017 / 11:39 am

Hey Alice,

That sounds like a pretty awesome way to spend Halloween! I really want to see Happy Death Day, perhaps you could let me know if it’s worth a watch.

• October 29, 2017 / 7:58 pm

There are a couple of days of FearFest-Evil left Alice. After Halloween night the night creatures will crawl back to their underworld lairs until 2018.

Hope to scare you soon!

3. November 3, 2017 / 4:24 pm

This event sounds amazing! I wish I’d got to do something this fun for halloween <3

G is for Gingers xx

Author
      November 5, 2017 / 1:49 pm

I recommend you plan something like this for next Halloween! It’s great fun.

4. November 5, 2017 / 10:34 am

This sounds so good! Glad you had a good time 🙂 I would love to do something like this, but feel like I would be petrified by everything haha – I’m such a scaredy cat! x

Author
      November 5, 2017 / 1:47 pm

It’s definitely not for the faint-hearted! I don’t recommend it if you scare easily.

Author
      November 5, 2017 / 1:43 pm

It was £59.99 for a Premium Ticket, well worth the price if you ask me. Ziplining on its own would probably have cost £25-£35 so having two shows and an hour inside the horror walkthroughs with food and a cocktail included was great.

Author
      November 7, 2017 / 12:53 pm

Hi Britt,
      Put it on your bucket list for next year.